Friday, February 20, 2009

Fluttering By Just for You


We made it! It is the end of the week and time for a relaxing weekend. Hoo-RAH! I'll be quick with my post so I can get back to packing my scramp bag since I will be working away from home this weekend. I made a smaller card to show you today so let's get to it.

Recently I was reading one of my favorite blogs, PaperSmiles by Nancy Morgan (check her out on my blog list!) and she mentioned that her favorite size card to make is a 4.25in square card. I had never made this size before but now I see why she loves it. They use minimal supplies and they fit in a standard A2 size envelope so no special size envelope orders or extra postage. What a plus! It makes a perfect little greeting and I will be using this size again.
So I bet you want the details! I'll explain a little too.

I didn't have any printed paper that went with what I had in mind so I made my own. I used various line stamps to create my own plaid and I like it. I can't wait to make some more. For my flowers, I wanted one in the amethyst to match my SU CS so I colored a Kaiser flower with a Copic and it worked beautifully too. I think the rest speaks for itself. If not, shoot me a question and I will explain further. As always, this card will be available in my etsy shop for purchase. Otherwise, the supply list is below. Thanks for stopping by and Happy Weekend!


Papers- SU Pattern Pack 1 (wild wasabi); SU Almost Amethyst CS; kraft CS. Stamps- Just Celebrate; Paper Studio Stitches; Clear Dollar Stamps Plaid Factory; Hero Arts Small Greetings. Inks- Tsukineko Graph Blk Brill; SU Close to Cocoa, Almost Amethyst, and Certainly Celery. Tools- corner rounder. Embellishments- Kaiser Krafts paper blossoms; ScrapEssentials cloth flowers; 1/4in brown nail head brad. Pens- Copic BV02, W1, YG13, E35, G82, E29.

No comments:

Post a Comment