Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spring is in the Air


Hello! Hope your weekend is shaping up to be fabulous! Mine will be busy, as usual, but that's pretty normal around here. Before I head out for the day, I want to share a card with you. I have spring on the brain. I am ready for the warm and sunshine to be here. My daffodils are blooming and I want everything to be green again. So, in honor of that wonderful time of year, here is my card for today!

I used SU's Season of Friendship for my tree and leaves but printed my own sentiment rather than use the one included with the set. For flowers, I stitched on coral colored buttons with brown MM Stitches. Sometimes a simple sketch like this is just what I want to make and I love how it looks when I am done. I think the techniques for this card are pretty easy to figure out but if you have any questions, drop me a line. Thanks for stopping by!

Papers- SU Wild Wasabi, DCWV textured white core coral; misc brown CS. Stamps- SU Season of Friendship. Inks- Ancient Page Chocolate; SU Certainly Celery. Tools- CB Swiss Dots folder; EK (1 1/8, 1 1/4, 1 3/8in ) circle punches. Embellishments- Favorite Findings buttons; MM brown Stitches. Font- tweed 18pt bold (RGB code 105-72-63).

No comments:

Post a Comment