Friday, February 27, 2009

Mojo Friday?


Here it is Friday and I am just getting around to posting the card I made for Mojo Monday #75. Better late than never, right? If not, don't tell me because that is often my mantra. So, about the card... While the ladies certainly created a lovely sketch that I enjoyed, it was a difficult one for me. When I design a card, I put a lot of thought into color balance and visual weight. This sketch was a hard one for me to choose paper for and even harder to arrange my papers in a manner that pleased me. Let's just say I put WAY too much thought into this project. It is Friday after all. Five days after the sketch was posted for us! I do like how the flower turned out though. I got a few new inks last weekend when I got my strawberry stamp and I was very excited to pull them out for this card.

I decided to leave off the optional circle shape as well as a sentiment. I liked it plain, just the way it is pictured. I may use it as sympathy card or just as a nice notecard. Overall, I guess I like it but it is not my favorite card out of all that I have made. I think the sketch was a great one but my interpretation of it is what is not floating my boat. Oh well! They can't all be our favorites!

The supllies are listed below. If you would like to purchase this card instead of making your own, this and many others are (or will be) available in my Etsy shop. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!

Papers- Paper Salon Chesapeake Vintage Bleu and Dainty Floral. Stamps- SU Heartfelt Thanks. Inks- Brenda Walton Periwinkle (pigment); All Night Media Dark Sage (pigment); Memento Paris Dusk (dye); Versa Magic Aloe Vera (pigment). Tools- Paper Piercer; SU scallop edge punch; SU mat pack. Embellishments- Hero Arts Smooth Clear gemstones; 3/8in white grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment