Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Snappy Little Birthday Greeting


Good Morning! It is rainy and cold here so I hope that wherever you are, it is sunny and warm. I am ready for spring! Every card I have made lately uses brighter colors. I am ready for flowers and warmth. If we aren't going to get any snow to play in, I just want it to warm up. Enough of my griping though...on with a card!

Today's card uses the Mojo Monday Sketch #74. To see the sketch, click on the Mojo Monday badge to the left of my blog. I had a hard time with this one. The circle gave me fits! I wanted to use the sentiment that came with my stamp set, SU's Crab & Co. but it was too wide for a circle that would fit into the sketch. So, I printed the sentiment on my computer in MS Word using the Leftovers font (16pt). The image is colored with Copics. The cake and gift are popped up on dimensionals for a little visual interest. If you would like to purchase this card, it will be available in my Etsy shop soon. If you want to make your own, the details are listed for you below. Enjoy and have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by!


Edited to add: After looking at this photo several times today, I realize it is not a very good example of the card. In real life, the pink card stock is closer in color to the printed paper. In my photo it looks a little garish and I apologize. When I have better light, I will take a better photo outside.

Papers- EK Hip Chick Mood Ring; DCWV aqua, yellow, & coral CS. Stamps- SU Crab & Co. Inks- Tsukineko Graph Blk Brill. Tools- EK ( 1 1/2, 1 1/4in) circle punches. Embellishments- 1/4in ScrapEssentials hot pink grosgrain ribbon. Pens- Copic B01, B91, W1, Y11, E34, RV14; Zig pure orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment