Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunfowers and Thank Yous



Hello hello! Happy Monday morning! If a Monday morning could ever be called happy...I always want just one more weekend day when my alarm goes off on Monday mornings. But I finally got up because I have new card to show you and it is for the Sketch Challenge over at Our Creative Corner. I decided to play along last night and whipped up this little thank you note while hubby and I watched tv. I love this sketch and I bet I will use it again soon. The circles add a nice focal point to the center of the card while still giving the arrangement a pleasing asymmetry. Laurie Schmidlin, author of Just Give Me Stamps, is hosting this challenge and she came up with the sketch. Thanks so much, Laurie!

The only thing I would change if I use the sketch again is my type of background paper where I used the plaid. The sketch was designed with a space between two vertical strips of paper. Well, because I chose a plaid with a green stripe, the green space in between my strips doesn't jump out and it makes the card look like it has one large area of plaid. I think maybe next time I would use a solid or a small print that does not include my background color so that I get the gradation between papers.

This card will eventually be for sale in my Etsy shop. If you are a stamper and you just want to know the supplies used, they are listed below. Have a wonderful Monday and thanks for stopping by!

Papers- Daisy D's Butterfly Plaid and Butterfly Dot Multi; Bazzill CS (blue, green, yellow); DCWV red CS. Stamps- SU Family Phrases and A Flower for All Seasons. Inks- Tsukineko Graphite Black Brilliance. Tools- EK (1 1/2, 1 3/4in) circle punches; Marvy Super Circle Punch. Embellishments- 1/2in ecru cotton twill tape. Pens- Copic E29, G85, G82, Y21, R27, B34.

1 comment: