Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just a Friendly HI!

Hidey ho and a big hello! I hope your day is shaping up to be wonderful. Mine would be better if my hubby was in the same zipcode as I am but alas, he is in the frozen North. We have our house windows open here in GA and he is wearing a parka in MN. I wish I could give him a big ole kiss and say hi to him right now but I'll just show you a "HI" card instead.

I pulled out my new long rectangle Nestabilities, which can be found, here, at the Cut@Home website. I purchase all of my Nestabilities from these sweet folks. I love their fabulous VIP monthly coupon which makes Nesties much more affordable. You would think I already own enough ways to cut scallops into my projects but nope, I do not. This card uses two of those ways...the long Nestie and my SU scallop edge punch. Love, love, love that punch!

I decided I needed to refresh my "stock" of all occasion cards after months of making holiday cards so this one got a nice, simple sentiment on the front and a blank interior for easy personalization. There isn't even any stamping on this card! Gasp! I sponged distress ink around the edges of the white panel but that is the only ink. I cut the letters from a Sizzix set (available here) and painted some flowers that were bright orange (destined to never be used by me in that hideous color) and the rest just came together. I am happy with the results. I like how the papers are bright and busy but come together in a pleasing way (I hope) with the flower and tiny vine. I think it makes a perfect card to send when you just want to say hi and really have no other reason to drop a card in the mail. Ya know...they aren't sick, it isn't time for a birthday, nor is it the month of December.

If you are a stamper, the details for this card are listed below. If you are not a stamper and would prefer that I make this card for you, it is available in my etsy shop, here. Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Bo Bunny Ella Enchanted and Ella Dot; DCWV textured white core CS in red, lime, and salmon. Inks- Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress ink. Tools- SU scallop edge punch; Nestabilities Long Classic Lg Rectangle die; Sizzlit Swirls & Scribbles and Buttons dies; Sizzix Doodle Block upper alpha bar set. Embellishments- silk flowers; Favorite Findings red buttons; white DMC embroidery cotton. Pens- EK Zig pure red.

No comments:

Post a Comment