Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Boatload of Mojo

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with lots of love and smiles. As soon as I finish this, we are making fried dough with the kids and they get their little treats from us. Hubby is home at last and I am ready for a great weekend. We had dinner and shopped until late last night so I didn't finish today's card until this morning! I thought about showing another lovey dovey card but at this point, aren't we ready to move on? It is too late to make any new Valentines anyway. So today's card is for Mojo Monday Sketch Week 73.

I love SU's Boatload of Love set. It has always been one of my favorites. It was on my first order when it came out in a new catalog. I have used it more times than I can count. I chose it for this sketch because I wanted a stamp that filled the inner panel of the card. For the puffs of smoke, I cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals. The button I used (you're gonna laugh!) is left over from some item of clothing. I found it in my laundry room cup of odds and ends the other day and nabbed it for a card. I wish I had more but who knows where it came from or how long it has been in my laundry room. My background paper was a single sheet I found in my stash pile. I have had it for a while so it was time to pull it out and cut it up. I didn't even have any coordinates to go with it so it works well on a card that needs only solids to match.

The supply details are below. The image is colored with, of course, my Copics and I listed the colors for you to see. I like to see the colors listed when I look at cards from other scrappers because I like to get examples of colors I don't own. I often choose my next purchases this way. If you have any questions, please leave a comment. Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Around the Block Teal Blanket; DCWV blue CS. Stamps- SU Boatloads of Love. Inks- Tsukineko Graph Blk Brill. Tools- EK yellow corner rounder. Embellishments- misc button; 3/4in white poly twill tape; MM teal stitches. Pens- Copic BG10, BG13, B21, B95, C5, Y11.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the popped clouds and the clever sentiment, not to mention the cool colors. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete