Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tickled Pink About a Birthday

Thursday is finally here and the hub will be home tonight! My husband has been gone since Monday and I have missed him terribly. We have been together for almost 22 years and I still get butterflies when he smiles at me. When he travels, I feel like I am minus an arm. But I bet you came to hear about a new card and not my love fest. I'll save that for Saturday, right?

So, this card is a favorite of mine. I love the colors and how the ribbon/clip combo looks at the top. Once again, I chose cupcakes. I promise I will move on to other birthday images soon. Really. But until then, this little sweet tray is from the SU set, Crazy for Cupcakes. I colored it with Copics and an SU marker. I now own the right brown Copic for the job but when I stamped this, I did not. And while I am on the subject of Copics, I have to say that I love to order mine from here. I have had nothing but great experiences with the folks at The Merri Artist. Their prices on Copics are the lowest I have found. They have a fabulous selection and they carry the Various Ink Refills too. One stop shopping for Copic fans like me and they ship very quickly. I couldn't ask for more. But back to my card...ahem...I get carried away talking about my favorite puddles of color...the sentiment on the front of this card is from Hero Arts Small Greetings. I left the inside blank for someone to personalize their own greeting. For the rest of the deets, I will list them below. As always, this card is (or will be soon) for sale in my etsy shop for those that don't neglect laundry and meals in order to stamp their own birthday cards. Thanks for stopping by!

Papers- MM Fuschia Dreamy Dots Lt; DCWV hot pink CS; Paper Studio kraft. Stamps- SU Crazy About Cupcakes; Hero Arts Small Greetings. Inks- SU Pixie Pink; Tsukineko Graphite Black Brilliance. Tools- SU ticket corner punch; CB Happy BDay embossing folder; EK (1, 1 1/4, 1 3/8in) circle punches. Embellishments- MM silver button brads; Paper Studio silver spiral clips; ScrapEssentials hot pink & white 1/4in organdy ribbon. Pens- Copic (N3, R37, RV02); SU Creamy Caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment