Friday, February 6, 2009

Shabby Little Thank You Note


Good morning! I'm a little later posting than usual so I'll get right to the point. Today's card is a cute little thank you note that anyone would be glad to receive. At least, I think so anyway! As I wrote down my supply list, I realized how simple this card really is...no stamps, no ink, no pens...wow! That just isn't like me. Usually, I cram as many materials into one card as I can. I guess it goes to show that simple works more often than we think.

I got out the old tearing ruler for this card. I like to use one when I am layering the torn edges. It gives a nice effect when the papers have a somewhat uniform border between them. An "oldie but goodie,"
Making Memories Thanks Rub-Ons, adds just the right touch between the torn paper sections too. I clustered a few flowers and buttons to finish the greeting. It isn't everyday that a card leaves my desk without being stamped or colored but this one did. I promise I will stamp again tomorrow!

The supply list for this card is below. If you just dropped in to say hi and you aren't a scramper but simply
must own this card, it is available for purchase on my etsy website, here. Thanks for stopping by!

Edited to add: I have just noticed that this card looks like it is falling apart in the photo I used. It was very windy when I took the picture so the wind caught a few edges and lifted them and the ribbon looks loose too. I promise the card is tidier in person when you bring it indoors! ;)

Papers- MME Wild Asparagus Green Polka Dots and Dots/Aqua; spring green cardstock; ecru cardstock. Tools- Swirls and Scribbles Sizzlit die; tearing ruler. Embellishments- ribbonfx olive w/gold; prima flowers; MM rub-ons; KaiserCraft flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment