Monday, February 2, 2009

The Simple Things

Aren't new stamps fun? When I placed my first order from the new SU catalog, I chose Sweet Stems and finally inked it up for this card. I used one of my favorite sentiments which is from an older SU set called Give Thanks too. I thought it worked really well with the simplicity of the flowers. One of these days I will get better with my sewing machine and actually stitch on a card but until then, I will just stamp my "stitching" I guess. That is what I did on the green strip in this card. I love the fact that clear border stamps are so easy to position on small or narrow areas. I am usually too lazy to get out my positioner. ;)

The details about my materials are listed below. If you are the buying type versus the stamping type and only visited my blog to say hi, this card is available for purchase in my etsy shop. Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Scenic Route Sonoma Rosalie Drive and Sondra Drive; olive DCWV textured white core; ivory Xerox. Stamps- SU Give Thanks and Sweet Stems; Sandy Lion Clear Stamps Borders. Inks- Graphite Black Brilliance by Tsukineko; Ancient Page Chocolate. Tools- Coluzzle Oval and Companion templates. Embellishments- Prima Flowers; dk red 1//4in twill tape; Favorite Findings; brown Stitches by MM. Pens- Rose, Wheat, A. Burgundy, & Olive Zig



No comments:

Post a Comment