Monday, January 31, 2011

Le Cage Aux...BIRTHDAY! (SU only)



Hello my friends! It is back to the grind I guess. Happy Monday to ya! I have a darling card to show you today. I hope it makes a January Monday a little brighter for you. The sentiment is from the new SAB set called So Happy for You but everything else can be found in the regular catalog. Take a look and I will tell you more in just a minute.
And here is an angled shot for a different perspective:
Since we had a little burst of warm weather this weekend, I was in the mood for some bright color and a little whimsy. That cute little bird cage image is from the set called Aviary. I bought it to demo a while before Christmas and it sat, unloved & uninked all this time. For shame! It is too cute to just sit! I combined it with prints from the Build A Bear Pawsitively Prints DSP and a few embellishments and voila!... a sweet and simple birthday card to have on hand. The set includes several different birdcages and various birds to go in them. They all mix and match well and lend themselves perfectly to embellishment. Here, I added a brad (Tempting Turquoise from the Brights brad assortment) to the top of the cage and a little ribbon (1/4" grosgrain in Daffodil Delight) to the cage pole. The red trim down the side of the card was made by punching a strip of Poppy Parade with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch. Last but not least, the 2 little red buttons are from the Brights button assortment.

I think that does it for me today. Check back tomorrow for another new card using another print from the Springtime Vintage DSP. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I like the yellow backround paper. It reminds me tha spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete