Monday, January 24, 2011

Cupcake Birthday Wishes- SU only

Hello folks! Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. Mine was busy but nice. I got a little time to work on cards as well as the pile of "to-do" on my desk. I am certainly ready to have my hand back. This broken wrist business is for the BIRDS. I miss teaching and preparing classes. I miss making cards all by myself. And most of all, I miss cooking for my family. My fabulous husband is doing a bang up job but I know he is ready to get back to our routine too. Double duty can't be all that fun for him either. Anywho, enough whining! I have an adorable card to show you today and it was an easy one to make too. Wanna see?
And a shot from the side to show you more of the texture:
I saw this general idea on a blog somewhere but when I sketched it out in my journal, I somehow missed making a note of whose idea it was. If anyone knows where it came from, please let me know and I will gladly give credit. I have searched all the blogs in my bookmark list and no luck. Help me if you can!

Back to the card once again...the card background was run through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and the cupcakes were punched with the new SU Build A Cupcake punch. The bottoms of the cupcakes are also stamped using the new Create A Cupcake stamp set. I added the "sprinkles" image but the tops overall are not stamped. I made the tower by punching a strip of Melon Mambo with the Eyelet edge punch. Then, I cut just a plain strip for the center post. The decorative little swirl base was cut with my Big Shot and the Swirls and Scribble Sizzlet die. I ran it through twice to get 2 of the same swirl portion.

My color scheme is Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White. That cute little tag that says, "birthday wishes" was made by coloring just a portion of a sentiment from the Longfellows hostess set (with an Early Espresso marker) and then punching it out with my Word Window punch. I just trimmed off one end and matted the remainder on Crumb Cake CS. It is attached with a white brad which comes in the Neutrals brad set. So simple but so cute! By changing the color scheme, you could make this card appropriate for either gender and the sentiment could be changed to fit the occasion as well.

That's it for me today. I will be working on preparing the Hostess Club order to go in tomorrow, the first day of Sale A Bration. The biggest SU sale of the year is almost here! I can't wait to earn a few SAB goodies myself. Remember, for every $50 you spend until March 31st, you get to chose an item from the SAB catalog. You can also earn an item by hosting a qualifying workshop. Ask me more if you interested in earning FREE stuff for yourself. Who doesn't like free?

3 comments:

  1. Omigosh! This is SO cute! I love the SU! stamp that inspired this, but don't love coloring fine detail like what is in that stamp so this card is the perfect compromise IMO! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another winner, my friend. Might have to have this punch!

    ReplyDelete