Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Create A Cupcake Card

Hi folks! Here we are at Wednesday and the week is at the half way mark. Where does the time go? The week is flying by! Tonight is the last Hostess Club meeting for the first half of the catalog year. We have had lots of fun and I hope they choose to go another round. I will probably try to come up with a simple project, despite my hand limitations. I get lots of help from my family to make and photograph cards as well as getting this blog done every day so I am little leary of trying to teach a project without their help. We'll see I guess!

For today though, I have a new card featuring a brand new punch and stamp set from the Occasions Mini catalog. These 2 together are way too much fun and may just be my new favorite products to use. Wanna see?
I have mentioned recently how I needed more gender neutral birthday cards so I have been on a mission to think of new man-safe cards. This one works, IMO. The stamp is from Create A Cupcake and I punched the top and the cherry with the punch called Build A Cupcake. The punch has several options. I could have cut a candle, or sprinkles, or even the cupcake bottom too.

I kept the color scheme simple. The image is stamped on Very Vanilla CS. The card base is Crumb Cake with some polka dots (from the Confetti stamp set) stamped on in the same color. I used Early Espresso to trim the various panels and give definition. That gorgeous red grid paper comes from the Love Letter DSP. A button, some ribbon, and a little punched trim finish it up. Another card made and ready to go!

You know the drill...call me/mail me if you need me. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I think that's a great gender neutral card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the punch that goes with this stamp set. Makes things easy!

    ReplyDelete