Monday, January 17, 2011

New Bold Blossom Card!

I love using new stamps and materials! I know it is silly but I always remember how I used something the first time too. I look at a card or project and know that when I made it, I was using such and such for the very first time. Goofy, I know. Breaking open new stamps is especially fun. The images never look quite as good in a catalog or on the package. Inking them up in a color of your choice makes them yours. LOL!

Today's card uses a brand new set from the Occasions Mini called Bold Blossom. It is one of those sets that I can see myself using for years...a go-to set that becomes a must in your collection. It is simple but still a lot of fun and I simply love sets that make the flower separate from the stem. I am not a huge fan of masking so when I can ink up the stem/leaves in a lovely green and make the flowers another color easily, I am sold! So, take a look and I will explain in a minute.
My color combo here was inspired by my Color Coach which may just be the most underutilized tool in the SU catalog. I have been a fan of the new changes (made in July for the new catalog) since it premiered. I love the little blank cards to keep track of personal fav combos too. If you haven't taken a look at that thing lately, check it out here.

The colors I used on this card are Pear Pizazz, Real Red, Concord Crush, and Marina Mist. And can I just say I love the In-Colors this year? I use Pear and Concord together a lot. The sentiment here is also included in the Bold Blossom set making it an all in one deal...no searching for another stamp for your wording, right? I drew the flight pattern for the butterfly with a black marker. The centers of the flowers were punched with a standard 1/4" hole punch and then topped with Crystal Effects. Very simple! And another thank you note is made for a rainy day!

1 comment: