Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Much Fun! SU Top Note Snowman Card

Hello everyone! Today's card is in honor of the fact that my kids and hubby are home for the 5th day in a row due to our little snow storm. I wanted to wait to post it until I had mailed them out but Frosty is too cute and I can't wait anymore. This card is my post holiday thank you note so if you get one in the mail, thanking you for your kindness over the holidays, and you read my blog, just pretend it is all new to you. OK? ;)

So, here he is...
This idea was CASEd from another demonstrator named Diane Simpers, here on her blog. I saw this little guy and immediately pulled out the supplies to make my own. Isn't he cute? I always like a snow themed post holiday thank you note and he really fits the bill, huh?

To create him, I used my Big Shot machine and the SU Top Note die to cut 2 notes...1 in Whisper White CS and 1 in Concord Crush Patterns DSP. Then I cut a rectangle slightly wider than the top note and about 1 1/2" high. For this, I used the flip side striped pattern of the Concord Crush DSP. The card base is Bashful Blue and I stamped an all over background using the Confetti stamp set and Marina Mist ink.

The snowflake on his hat band was made by stamping the Simple Snowflake image in Bashful Blue and then punching it with the Snowflake punch. I added a Jewel Rhinestone to the middle for a little sparkle. The sentiment is from the Just Believe set. I stamped it in Concord Crush ink and then punched first with the Word Window punch and then placed it on top of a punched Modern Label in Bashful Blue.

A few scraps of Basic Black (and an Itty Bitty circle punch) for his eyes and Tangerine Tango to make his nose along with a little sponging of Sahara Sand ink finish him up. It sounds like a lot of steps and tools but he really was easy to make. You could also improvise and personalize him how ever you wish too.

For more info or to order Stampin' Up! products, please contact me anytime. I would be glad to help!

5 comments: