Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone! I hope your new year is off to a fabulous start! I also hope that your holidays, whatever you may choose to celebrate at your house, were filled with love and fun. Here at our house, we very much enjoyed having Daddy home from work for 17 days in a row. My kids will be back in school tomorrow but my hubby had to be back at the grindstone today. I felt so bad last night as he scurried around getting his lunch made and his work bag packed. I wanted him home today too! I got to play at my scrap desk A LOT while he watched the endless football games on TV over the last couple weeks. I will certainly miss our lazy winter vacation days. ;)

So, how about a card? I have a few to show you this week since I got so much stamping time in while on vacation. Today's card is a slightly new direction for me. Despite the image's wild popularity lately, I don't typically care for them. What are "they" you ask? Robots! Take a look...

And the inside of my card...


I decided that since Valentine cards were about to be in demand in my Etsy shop, I better get started on a stash to sell. This card works well as a Valentine or just a lovey-dovey greeting for the rest of the year. The image is a digi stamp from My Favorite Things. I mentioned that I don't usually care for robots. I just don't if we are being totally honest. However, these little sweethearts caught my eye as did their "buddy" over at MFT. I have one more robot image that I bought so I will use him soon too. I just think they are so cute! I couldn't wait to put them in a card so I started this one as soon as the Christmas stuff all over my desk was put away. I am pretty happy with my results.

You may recognize my sketch from Splitcoast Stampers. It is #SC260 from a week or so ago. I actually got to play along while it was posted for the week! I still haven't added this one to my gallery yet though. I am way behind on that front. One goal at a time, right? LOL! I printed my sentiment in a font called LCD20pt. I decided it was a perfect look for the little robots. The background paper was just right too. I have seen it many times at my LSS but when it showed up in the clearance bin, I grabbed it to use here. I tried my hand at making a gear shape with freehand cutting and the attempt was just horrible so the light blue shape behind the image was made by punching a 2 inch circle and then using a standard hole punch to remove little half circles all the way around. I would have loved to own an inverted scallop Spellbinder die but no such luck! For a little texture, I added some Glossy Accents to the buttons and "lights" on my couple. IRL, it gives those spots a little contrast but the photo doesn't show it very well.

Well then...I think I better get back to my stay at home vacationers. Why is it that kids home from school must eat 12 times in 8 hours but they can make it all day at school with only lunch and a snack? If you figure that one out, please tell me the answer. Until then, I am off to feed the younguns. My supply list is below. Have a wonderful day and stay warm. Happy, Happy New Year to you and yours!


Papers- TPC STudio Blips & Beeps Gear Grid; Colorbok Pearlescent CS. Stamps- MFT Robot2 digistamp. Tools- 1/4in hole punch; BB Swiss Dots & Frills Border templates; SU word window & photo corner punches; EK and Marvy circle punches. Embellishments- Favorite Findings buttons; DMC rayon floss (S5200); Hero Arts smooth clear gemstones; Inkssentials Glossy Accents. Pens- Copics C1, C3, C5, C7, R27, R39, R22, G21, B14, 0. Font- LCD 20pt. Sketch- SC260.

Please note: I decided a new look was in order for the new year and my upcoming blog-iversary. Please let me know what you think of the change. I would love to get a little feedback on the colors and their readability. Please be honest. Your opinion matters to me! :) -KRS

2 comments:

  1. I think the new design for you blog-iversary looks outstanding! You do beautiful work - always have, always will! Who knows, maybe your husband would stay home for another 17 days if there were 17 more days of football left on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my dearest darling Myke, I bet I would love to have him home whether there was football on or not. I am happiest when he is by my side. Ya know, we just celebrated our 23rd New Year's (and 23rd college football season for that matter) together and I look forward to at least a hundred more with him...football on or not. He really makes my clock tick! Maybe you could help me out in that department? (((You)))

    ReplyDelete