Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter is Better When...

Hello! I'm back today with a card that was a lot of fun to make. I needed a break from the red and pink of Valentine's Day so I played with a little bit of winter stuff. We are almost out of time for winter "toys" so I guess we better make the most of it while we can, huh? So, take a look and then I will tell you more about it.

And here is a photo of the inside. It is blank of sentiment but I embellished with a few snowflakes and scraps of the stripe paper used on the front.

The image is from My Favorite Things. I have loved it for a long time and once they made it available as a digi image, I nabbed it for my ever growing digi-library. It is called "A Scarf for Three." Precious, huh? The sentiment came from a Stampendous stamp but I resized it to make it fit better into this arrangement.

The papers are from a BoBunny collection (Alyssa) and I think the color scheme works well for winter even though is what promoted as a spring feature. I don't typically think black and snow flakes together but it works here IMO.

I want to mention one more thing and then I am off to work on my messy house. How about I just blurt it out... BLOG CANDY! Want some? Well, my one year anniversary here is coming up this Friday and I want to celebrate! I have put together a fun little pile of goodies for some lucky reader and I can't wait to give it away. I will post a photo of the "candy" on Wednesday, the 27th, and then start the drawing on Friday the 29th, which is the "big" day. I can't believe it has been a whole year already! It has just flown for me because I have so much fun posting here and sharing my creations. Thank you for dropping in and "listening." :)

Well, I think it is about that time for me. My grungy house is calling me and the voice is soon to be a whine if I don't make some cleaning headway. Have a wonderful day and I will be back soon with more about how you can win some blog candy for your own. Bye!

Papers- Bo Bunny Tutu Dot & Alissa Spunky. Stamps- MFT Scarf for 3 digi image. Tools- Spellbinder Ribbon Tag Trios #2; CB 2x2 snowflake die. Embellishments- ribbon fx (Hobby Lobby) 5/8in lime w/ black dot grosgrain ribbon. Pens- Copics (RV21, RV11, YG17, B52, BG10, YR02, B0000, silver spica. Font- Andrew Script 16pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment