Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All You Need is LOVE

Hello my friends! I can't believe it is already Wednesday night. Where has the week gone? I know where my week has gone. It sped past me while I sat at my scrap desk working on custom orders. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE custom orders in my Etsy shop and both of my customers were dreams to work with but since I am just a teensy bit obsessive, I tend to get a little short sighted while I am working. All I can think about is what I have left to do and I completely flip out as I get more and more behind. But I bet you didn't stop in for a run down of my personality disorders, right?

So, a card...today's card. I love it a lot. I used a few tools and materials that are either new to me or new on the scramping scene. I'll show you the card and explain further. Take a look!

Ta Da! I hope you like it. I am oh, so pleased with the final result. I was a little iffy as it came together and I changed things back and forth several times but all of a sudden, it just clicked for me. My print papers are the new Basic Grey Sugar Rush. That luscious periwinkle card stock that matches the print perfectly is none other than Stampin Up's Almost Amethyst. Sometimes, I will be stumped on a matching CS and an SU color will end up being just the thing I need. I should remember that more often and save myself some trouble, I guess. Old or new, they often have a match for those funky papers. The main image is also from Stampin Up. It is from last year and it is part of the Big on Spring set.

Please notice the little pink index tab at the top of the red panel. It is chipboard covered in paper. For one, I never use chipboard on cards. I often get it out and it just never makes the final cut. So, using it here is very new for me too. You know what else? I used a new gadget to cover it. It is a little sanding tool that I picked up at a LSS and it is handy dandy! I am sorry to say that I don't know who makes it but I will show you a picture below and maybe someone reading can shed some light on it for us.


The way it works is you simply trim the overhanging edges of cover paper by sanding it off. You get a nice edge and it even gets in all the curves and crannies of small pieces like letters. I have had it a little while but never used it and now I am hooked. The last new item I want to mention is the short, stamped sentiment. It is from Hampton Arts and it is new for Valentine's Day. The whole thing reads, "all you need is love" but I left off the love part since I wanted to feature it below.

I want to mention one more thing about the card and then I am off to make dinner for my family. The middle of the o in love has the word "you" in it when stamped as is but I trimmed it out. The polka dot middle is another Sugar Rush coordinate. I used a little more of that print on the inside of the card (not pictured) just as a decoration to spruce up the blank interior a little.

Well guys, that's it for me. I will try to be back in less time than this past week. I have so many things I want to show you and the "season of love" is a relatively short one so I better hustle. Also, my blog-iversary is coming up on the 29th of January and I want to give away a little blog candy to celebrate. Lots of things coming up so pop back in soon. Ciao!

Papers- Basic Grey Sugar Rush Gummy Bears & Big Cherry; SU Almost Amethyst; Xerox ivory CS. Stamps- SU Big on Spring; Hampton Arts Need is Love. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- WRMK corner chomper; Sandpaper trimming tool; Sizzlit heart die. Embellishments- Michael's Dots & Dashes ribbon; Paper Studio chipboard index tab. Pens- Copics YR15, YG11, B63, R85. Sketch- Based on Mojo Monday #122 with minor changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment