Monday, January 11, 2010

Love You Tons

Hi guys! I hope your weekend was a good one. Since ours started off with a snow day, ours kept to a leisurely pace which I loved. Today, it is back to the grind and my normal hustle & bustle. I want to show you my card and then I am off to errands and cleaning.

Today's card is a valentine. I didn't add a message with the actual words, "Happy Valentine's Day" but I will offer it as an option when I list it in my shop. I have found that most of the cards I carry for Valentine's Day will sell later in the year if they don't have any mention of the holiday. Offering the sentiment during February seems to suffice. So, you want to see it? I am quite happy with my results. ;)

And here is a shot from an angle to better showcase the layers...

Here are the deets: My sketch is straight from a lovely card by Kim Teasdale, which you can see here. The adorable little mouse image is from Heather Ellis. Several of her images are available at MFT but this particular one is available in Heather's shop on Etsy, right here. I am just loving her work lately. I have used several in the last few weeks. The papers are Bo Bunny and are from the new collection called Love Bandit. I just love them all! You will be seeing them again. The sentiment is a Studio G image from the dollar bin at my Michael's. And one last thing I want to mention before I run...notice the dots around my image...on the brown scalloped circle panel? Well, those were made with my new white Sakura Gel Glaze pen. Oh my gosh! If you want a really good, opaque, white pen, go buy this one. I got mine at Archiver's but they have them in JoAnn's too. I don't know if it really shows well enough in my photo but the dots are slightly raised and very shiny IRL. This is the best white ink I have ever used. Seriously! I have struggled with numerous white pens that either quit writing or just don't show up very well on dark paper. Well, the search is over! I have a new stand-by white ink.

Well folks, I am off. I mentioned all the major points for my supplies above so I am going to skip a formal list for today. If you have further questions, you know the drill...just ask. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card! Not too childish, but still appropriate for either a child or an adult to send. Love to embossed dots on the textured paper. You have a real eye for those sorts of details!

    ReplyDelete