Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Love Owls

Good Morning! How about a Valentine's day card? I assume you aren't here for the recipes and discussion of current world events, right? I hope not! Today's card uses another one of those motifs that I wasn't particularly fond of but they grew on me. I am talking about OWLS!

Everywhere you look in the scramping world, there are owls. Owls in trees, owls at birthday parties, owls doing just about everything. Well, they have not been my favorite images but this little twosome was really cute to me so I used them. Now, this card gave me fits. I must have come back to this project 4 different times. I could not make this card work just right. I tried several different arrangements and must have changed my card stock accents 10 times. I finally made it work so that it pleased me enough to finish it and sell it/give it/hoard it. I hope it is well received on the Big Day next month.

On one of those many stamping days I had over Winter Break, I was lucky enough to team up with my #1 buddy and spend a day playing crafty games...the adult version of a playdate. LOL! She was kind enough to let me borrow a new punch that she will be selling for SU in the coming months. It isn't even available for purchase yet (as far as I know.) It is called the Scallop Trim Border Edge Punch and will be available in the Occasions Mini catalog. I hope I have that right! Check with your own demo if you need details. I am not an SU demo myself...I only play one on TV. HaHa!

I will list the rest of my supplies below. This card will be listed in my Etsy shop by the end of the week if you are interested in owning it for yourself. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Papers- Fancy Pants Vintage Valentine "Will You?" DP. Stamps- Hero Arts Heart Owls. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- SU Scallop Trim Border Punch; piercer & mat. Embellishments- Favorite Findings mini nature buttons; MM stitches (tan & deep plum); Pebbles "I Love You" rub-ons; paper studio metal heart clipss; Inkssentials Glossy Accents. Pens- Copics R39, RV95, R02, YG95, G99, YG91.

No comments:

Post a Comment