Friday, January 8, 2010

BRRRRR...In More Ways Than One

Hello! I'm a little later than usual but I promise I have a good reason. For one, I didn't have a card made because with my busy week (which included a sick child), I didn't get one made in time to have it photographed and ready to go in time to post here for yesterday. And the other reason is that we have had such bad weather that once my card was finished, it was too dark and cloudy to get a good photo. So tonight, out in the 16 degree evening, my hubby held a flashlight on my card, right outside our front door, so I could get a photo and not miss another day of blogging. Can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me? LOL! If you can, you can see my card and find out what I mean by my title up there. The "BRRRR" sums up my card and also describes the weather we are having in my supposedly Sunny South. We wimpy GA folks just aren't used to this cold snowy stuff! Maybe today's card will warm things up though. Take a look...

And then the inside is below. Please pardon the bowed look in the stand. With the wind blowing, the card just wouldn't stand straight when folded open.

This was one of those cards that involved a few detours before I arrived at the finished product. I changed the papers, the sketch, and the stamped image. Oy. Some days, it is a wonder I ever finish a project. That cute little monkey is another Changito image. Yep, one of the very same that I used to scorn. And that snowflake? I used my new Spellbinder Create-A-Flake die set. I just love those things! I will be sad when the time to use snowflakes is over. Maybe I will catch up on snow themed scrap pages!

My sketch for this card came from the SFYTT courtesy of Jen Del Muro. It was posted on the 19th of December...just a few weeks ago. At that point in the month, I was hurrying with Christmas preparations but it was such a cute sketch, I didn't want to miss it. I'll be filing this one away in my sketch book. It was a lot of fun to work on.

Well folks, this will do it for me. It was a very long day of snow, kids & hub home from school and work, washing wet clothes, and making endless cups of cocoa. I am pooped! Maybe I will get a little more scrap time in tomorrow. I sure hope so. Good night!

Papers-DCWV Holiday Collection Winter Matstack 2009. Stamps- Stampendous Changito Cocoa. Tools- Spellbinders Create-A-Flake One dies; Marvy Clever lever 3in circle punch; WRMK Corner Chomper. Embellishments- Favorite Findings buttons; DMC #6170 pearl cotton. Pens- Copics B04, R81, G21, E44, E42, B91, B97. Sketch- SFYTT 12-19-09. Font- Cool Dots 20pt (front) & Carnation 24pt (inside.)

No comments:

Post a Comment