Tuesday, January 5, 2010

After Christmas Thank You Notes

Howdy! I have a question for you. Have you written your thank you notes yet? Do you even write thank you notes? Do your kids (if you have them)? Do you get thank you notes for gifts you send? Just for the record...I DO send thank you notes and I make my children do so too. I worry that it is becoming a lost art though. I just don't get very many thank you notes these days. I am not talking about the informal gift exchanges that take place among friends and you thank them in person. I am talking about the situatiuons that require an actual acknowledgement of a gift...those times when the giver is not present for a gift to be opened.Oh well, all these questions bring me to my card for the day. Since I do send thank you notes, especially after the holidays, I usually make a few styles and sell what I don't use personally. You wanna see one? Take a look...

Here's a detail shot so you can get a better look at the embellishments:

And finally, the inside of my card...

I had a lot of fun with this card. I tried layering my snowflakes kinda like the Spellbinder Create-A-Flake dies and I like how it looks. I have since ordered the snowflake dies and they are fabulous. I think they would even make nice tree ornaments.

My image is a digi image from All That Scraps called Winter Bear. I ordered it last year and couldn't wait to use it again this year. The teddy bear reminds me of a monkey. He has the cutest face! My sketch is from Sketch Saturday #65 posted originally on 8-26-09. My outer sentiment is stamped. I know I have been printing my sentiments a lot lately but this one is done the old fashioned way. However, I did finish the inside of the card with a printed message. I feel like printing my own in a font/color of my choice often makes the card though.

If you have any questions about this card or others, I will always answer emails about my work. The supply list is below and should fill in the gaps for you though. Have a great day!

Papers- Kaiser Fun in the Sun Frisbee; misc CS by DCWV. Stamps- ATS winter bear digistamp; Hero Arts Small Greetings. Inks- SU real red classic. Tools- MS lattice edge punch; EK 6 petal flower punches; QK Rev snowflakes & flourishes dies; EK circle punches; MS snowflake punch; CB snowflake die (2x2); Marvy mini snowflake punch. Embellishments- MM stitches (ocean); Fav Findings buttons. Pens- Copics R85, RV29, YR68, Y17, B16, B000, E44. Sketch- Sketch Saturday #65. Font- Abadi MT Condensed 16pt.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable Kyla and I love what you did on the inside:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love all the detail!

    ReplyDelete