Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One Last Christmas Card Post

Hi guys! I really wanted to post everyday (since last Saturday) with my last Christmas cards of the season. Best laid plans and all that. There was just too much to do! However, I have decided that I will just go ahead and include them all in tonight's post. How's that? Well, let's get started!

Number #1...

This is one that I tried and wasn't thrilled with my results. I decided that I was seeing a lot of the pastel holiday prints and even though they aren't usually my idea of a typical Christmas card, I wanted to give one a go. Well, my daughter LOVED this card but I still feel the same way I did before...Christmas cards are red & green! I adore the image used here. It is from the Pure Innocence collection by Heather Ellis and I found it on Etsy. You may have seen some of her lovely work here, at My Favorite Things also. I think this image would work well on a winter card too if you left off the mistletoe at the top. For the sentiment tag, I used my Spellbinder Tag Trio to cut it and printed the wording on my computer. The paper is from Hobby Lobby and my sketch is from the SFYTT on 12-5-09, courtesy of the uber-talented Jen Del Muro. How about another card?

My second card...

This is another Heather Ellis image which I also found on Etsy. It is called Purr Button. I would link to this image for you but Heather is on vacation (or her Etsy shop is) and the items are not currently listed. This little kitty isn't available at My Favorite Things so I can't even lead you there for it. Sorry! You can look it up after January 3rd if you are interested in owning it for yourself. The paper here came from Hobby Lobby, once again. For inexpensive background papers, they just can't be beat. The sketch I used is from the October Verve Release Challenges (VSOCT09C).
And my last card for tonight...

This one really isn't a Christmas card but it is finished and I won't be back for a few days so I wanted to go ahead and show it to you. I made sure to chose colors that weren't predominantly red and green. For some reason, yellow stars on the little fir trees would make it Christmas-y but the silver tones them down and makes it an appropriate winter card. To me anyway! The image is from WhimsieDoodles. I have used some of their images before, on this card here.
They are of superior quality and I love to color them.

Well, I think that will do it for me tonight. I finally got my holiday cards posted here for you. Yay! Not a day too soon. I'll be back "next year" with lots of new projects to share with you. I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year's. I hope each and everyone of you is surrounded by those you love and that you get to experience the many gifts of the season. I would also like to thank you for visiting my little corner of the web here and giving me a place to share my passion for all things papercrafting. I appreciate your support over the last several months as I figure out this part of my hobby. Warm holiday wishes from me to you!

Merry Kissmas: Papers- Paper Studio Trendy Christmas Mix. Stamps- Pure Innocence Merry Kissmas digi image. Tools- CB divine swirls emb folder; Coluzzle circles; Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio; SU word window punch. Embellishments- 3/8in white grosgrain ribbon; Dress It Up Mini Primary Confetti Buttons. Pens- Copics (B21, B0000, Y02, Y21, RV10, YG11, E00, YR02); Zig (black, pure red, fawn); SU (Green Galore, Pixie Pink). Font- Cheri 16pt. Sketch- based loosely on SFYTT 12-5-09.

Merry Christmas Kitty: Papers- Paper Studio Retro Presents; HL CS. Stamps- Pure Innocence Purr Button digi image; Hero Arts Winter Wishes. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- CB emb folder divine swirls; EK dotted mini scallop edger punch. Pens- Copics G07, G28, R29, RV10, C1, C3, C5, B0000, B000, blender (0). Sketch- Verve/VSOCT09C.

Snowfriend Like You: Papers- Fancy Pants Frosted Striped Scarf & Colored Winter DP; HL CS. Stamps- WhimsieDoodles Snowfriend digi image. Tools- Marvy oval punch. Embellishments- Walmart buttons; DMC#6052 pearl cotton; Michael's ribbon. Pens- Copics (YG63, E44, B0000, R59, RV19, YR02, B37, B34); Sakura silver gelly roll pen.

1 comment:

  1. These are all absolutely adorable Kyla! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete