Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Get a Kick Out of You!

Hello! I took a few days off but I'm back with a new card!I thought it might be nice to take a break from holiday and winter cards for a day and show you something different. I am almost done with my Christmas cards anyway. Before we know it, we will need Valentine's cards! Today's card is just one of those all purpose, friendly greeting kinda cards. Here ya go...

The inside of course...

As I have mentioned before, those Changito monkeys have grown on me. I didn't care for them but the newer, unmounted image/sentiment combos are really cute. This set is really versatile. I recently made a birthday card for a friend who has a soccer crazy grand daughter so I masked the plain ball and substituted the soccer ball from SU's set called All in the Family Accessories. It turned out cute.

My paper choices for this card came from my infinite stash. The DPs are Scenic Route and the card stock is from Hobby Lobby. I colored little monkey man with my Copics. I end up coloring monkeys the same way every time which is to use E44 and E42 along with a touch of R83 for the tongue. The ball is popped up on dimensionals. You can barely tell in the photo but there is a bit of sparkle on the shoes. I used the clear star gelly roll pen for the accents. Watch out Nike!

I'll be back tomorrow with a new card. If our weather clears up and I can go outside to get a good shot of a new card I made this week, I will have that one for you. It uses the new Ornament Trevor digi image from All That Scraps and it is wayyyy too cute. If it stays gray and yucky outside, it will be a snowman card that I made during the October Verve Release Party Challenges. Tune in because they are both pretty cute IMO. Have a wonderful day!

Papers- Scenic Route North Shore Wipe Out and Appleton 5th Street; HL CS. Stamps- Stampendous Cling Changito Kick and Cling Get a Kick. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- EK dotted wave edge punch. Embellishments- Favorite Findings buttons; DMC #823 pearl cotton. Pens- Copics (R22, R27, R29, R39, R83, E42, E44, B97, B0000, YG95, YG03. Sketch- SSC247.

No comments:

Post a Comment