Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Well, the weather outside is frightful, but my card is sure delightful... Hahaha! I think so anyway! Howdy folks! I am here with a super quick post and then it is off to work for me. As you may have noticed, I am simply OBSESSED with winterish/snowman/ snowflake themed cards this year. I have hardly made any traditional red & green cards yet. Today is no exception. Wanna see?

I pulled out some really old paper here and decided it was going to work "or else." Luckily, I didn't have to take myself up on that dare. I liked my results! You can see I used another non-traditional color scheme. I always seem to gravitate towards blues for snow themed cards. Here, I paired it with a dark, plummy, red. These papers were part of a winter stack from Walmart several years ago.

The image is a Hampton Arts stamp. He was really easy and fun to color...not that snowmen need much color, right? My sketch is Jen Del Muro's Sketch for You to Try posted on 10-24-09.

Like I said, it's off to work I go. Hi Ho and all that good stuff. Enjoy your Wednesday and I will be back very soon with 2 great new cards. I will update this post with a supply list too. I haven't been able to get a good photo of each new card with all our clouds here but the sun is coming out today supposedly so I will snap a few. Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Love this card!! The snowman is really adorable and I love the way the black looks on the light blue. Well done!

    ReplyDelete