Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Holiday Mini Catalog is Here!

Hi everyone! Today is a big day in the SU world. The Holiday Mini catalog goes live and I get to show you all of the yummy things that are available from SU this season. There are some really cute stamps and accessories for fall and winter. Today's card uses one of the new DSP packs called Frostwood Lodge (which coordinates beautifully with several products in the Frostwood Lodge Suite) and I hope you love it as much as I do. Take a look...
 And a close up for the flowers...
This card uses a stamp set from the main catalog called Easy Events. It really delivers in the versatility department with 8 cute images that are perfect for cards throughout the year. I stamped the image in Basic Black and then colored it with markers.The berries are accented with a little Crystal Effects to give a bit of shine. I punched the whole image out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and then trimmed it with a scalloped circle from the Sizzix Scalloped Circles die and my Big Shot.

To accent the stamped focal point image, I punched a few 5 Petal Flowers from Cherry Cobbler CS and then inked the edges with the same color ink to add depth. The centers are made with the Itty Bitty Punch Pack Flower and the smallest size of pearls in the Basic Jewels Pearl pack. I was shooting for something to resemble a poinsettia while using punches from my stash. The greenery was made by punching several snowflakes with the Snowflake punch and then trimming just the "arms" off of all of them. I then glued the branches together to make them look longer.

As I mentioned above, both of the print papers used on this card are from the Frostwood Lodge DSP. It is a collection of outdoorsy plaids and wood grains that are perfect for the holidays as well as masculine themed cards throughout the year.

I hope you like this card. I had a lot of fun making it and getting my holiday card stash started. Every year I promise myself that I will make holiday cards early but I never do. Maybe this one will be just the beginning for me to get them done ahead. We'll see, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment