Friday, September 2, 2011

Hope You're Back on Your Feet Soon!

Hello everyone! I have a card to show you today and it is one that I made the very same day that my first box of goodies arrived for the new catalog back in July. I couldn't wait to ink the image up and get it down on paper. I even had a color scheme in mind when I ordered the set! Wanna see?
I have always loved these 3 colors together. When I saw the new Wisteria Wonder for the first time, I immediately thought, "Oooohhhh! I am going to pair that with Concord Crush and some Celery and Saffron too!" These colors didn't disappoint me either. I love how they look together.

That precious little turtle is from the newer set called Turtle & Co. This is a special set because it helps support families with children who have serious illnesses. How, you ask? Well, every year, SU! designs an exclusive stamp set to help raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC). When you purchase this set, SU will donate $3 to RMHC. It isn't every day that we get to help out while doing something we love so don't miss your chance!

I think the card itself is pretty straightforward. I stamped the image on scrap CS and trimmed it out again so that I could give it dimension as well as change the orientation of the turtle's head in the shell. The circle he is sitting on top of was punched with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. That lovely little panel of Wisteria Wonder is a print paper from the Cheerful Treat DSP. I stamped the sentiment and then punched it out with the Modern Label punch. To accent it, I added a strip of punched Concord Crush (Scalloped Ribbon Border punch) and a circle of So Saffron. I wanted some sort of a "fastener" to anchor the sentiment but didn't want to take up too much space on the tag ends so I punched 1/8" circles (non-SU) and then topped them each with a dab of Crystal Effects. A scrap off the edge of a Bigz Top Note die in So Saffron finishes the card. This makes a great get well soon card or just a pick me up for a friend or loved one having a rough time.

Hope ya like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment