Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hi guys! I am back today with another fun Halloween card idea. I know it is a little early for Halloween stuff but every year I swear I am going to make more cards than I do because I start too late. I am trying to get a nice little pile made so that doesn't happen this year. So, here is my card...

 I used the Kidoodles set for the main spider image. This is a set that premiered this past July in the IBC. It includes 6 adorable images that are great for cards throughout the year. I love that all the images look great stamped in a single color or stamped in black for coloring with markers, pencils, or ink pads. Here, I stamped the spider once on the So Saffron circle and then again on a scrap of Vanilla so I could trim out his top hat and glasses for contrast. I wanted to avoid having to cut out his legs for obvious reasons. ;) The sentiment used here is actually the wording that is part of the spider image but I stamped it separately, in Cajun Craze, so I could have the image stand out a little more.

For accents, 2 other stamps were used. The "batty" background pattern on the piece of Cajun Craze was stamped with the bat image from Wicked Cool. I wanted a little texture without adding visual distraction and stamping a pattern in the same ink color as the card stock accomplishes that. For the faux stitching along the striped piece of Old Olive, I used a line of stitching from the In Stitches Jumbo Stampin' Around wheel. I love that with a little ink and this versatile wheel, I can avoid getting out the dreaded needle and thread.

I think that does it for this card. It is a simple greeting that I can't wait to share with a little goody bag once Halloween gets here. As always, everything I used here is SU! so please contact me about ordering or general product info. have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment