Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Holiday Cards are Snow Much Fun!

Hi guys! I am back today with 2 new cards that are ready for the holidays and cold weather to get here. They both use the same stamp set but are each unique in their own way. Take a look at both...
 This first one is an actual Christmas card versus just a wintery greeting. I love snowmen so much and tend to use them on all sorts of cards as long as it is cold outside. The adorable scene was created with images from Snow Much Fun which debuted in the IBC this past July. I love sets that give you images to use with the snowman such as trees, birds, snowflakes, etc. This set certainly delivers with 7 coordinating images. I colored the images with markers and accented the focal point with a little torn card stock and a stamped background pattern on the Crumb Cake card base. That cute snow pattern is from the set called Confetti and it is stamped in the same Riding Hood Red as the torn piece next to it. I used Naturals White CS because Whisper White seemed a little stark for my little snow scene. The sentiment is part of the same stamp set and it is punched out using the Modern Label punch and then attached with 2 Vintage Trinket button brads.


My next card uses the same stamp set but a different snowman image. It could certainly be used as a holiday card but it also works well as just an all occasion greeting during the winter too. For this one, I decided to add a little texture with some pattern paper. That yummy blue & red plaid is from the new Frostwood Lodge DSP in the new Holiday Mini catalog. I LOVE this paper! The whole series is full of rustic plaids and wood grains that just scream winter. I stuck with the Cherry Cobbler/Marina Mist color palette of the plaid for my stamped images too. They are colored with markers and then accented with just a little Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink. The Smooch doesn't really show in my photo unfortunately but I promise it is there on both of the snowballs and around Frosty's belly. I used 2 different wood grain papers here. The vertical accent strip to the left is a dark wood grain and then the background of the card (behind the focal point image and plaid) is a really cool birch bark print. To finish the card, I added a snowflake which I cut with my Big Shot and the Snowflakes #2 Sizzlit die set, topped with a Cherry Cobbler button and a little piece of Early Espresso Baker's Twine.

For additional info about the products I used here or other SU items, please contact me. I would be glad to help! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment