Friday, September 9, 2011

Triple Treat Flower

Hello, hello! I am back to share another fall card with you today. I used a little more of the luscious new Spice Cake DSP from the Holiday Mini catalog and a gorgeous flower image that is super affordable because it is an A la Carte image. Take a look!
 The flower is called the Triple Treat Flower and it is really cool. You can layer the colors used in the image because it coordinates with the Fancy Flower punch, the 5 Petal Flower punch and the 1/2" Circle punch. For this example, I stamped the image in 4 different colors (Pool Party, More Mustard, Soft Suede, and River Rock). Then, using the punches gives me a layered look that gives the impression of either detailed coloring or fussy cutting when neither was necessary. The color palette was chosen from the print paper so that is one more thing that is easier than the results make it look. I am always looking for ways to shorten the time needed to complete a task so when a card can utilize products or techniques that make life easier, I am certainly sold.

I added a length of Ruffled Pool Party Ribbon and a few Basic Jewels Pearls to accent the stamped image and that pretty much does it. The outer border of the card was created with the Framed Tulips embossing folder and my Big Shot. So, all in all, this was really simple to make but it is still a lovely card to pass along to someone during the fall season. I am really happy with how it turned out. I hope you like it too and that it sparks your creativity to get started on something fun for yourself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment