Thursday, September 8, 2011

Eek! A Monster Card!

Hey there everyone! I am back again with another fun Halloween card idea. The big day will be here before we know it and I want to have a stash of fun cards ready to give. Today's card uses a set that can be used throughout the year and can be found in the big catalog. I know there are plenty of fun things for Halloween in the new Mini but this set is a fav of mine and I have been planning a Halloween card to use it for a while now. Wanna see?
I used the fun, polka dot print from the Frightful Sight DSP and paired it with Old Olive and Cajun Craze CS. The images are from Make A Monster. This set is way too much fun! It includes 15 mix & match images that combine to create monsters that can be cute, scary, silly, or just plain weird. Here, I stamped them in Basic Black ink and colored them with markers but they are just as cute when you stamp them with colored inks and just leave them as outlines. This option works well if coloring is not your favorite past time.

The "eeek!" sentiment is from the set called Spooky Bingo Bits. This set coordinates beautifully with the Bingo Card background stamp or it can be used by itself with tons of cute little images for Halloween. There are 24 images in this set that are perfect for combining as a small scene or used separately on tags and cards. Some of them could be colored with markers or pencils but others are perfect for stamping in a single color. This is a very versatile set for the Halloween season. I can't wait to make some treat bag tags with this set.

The gray button (Neutrals Designer Buttons) is tied with a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine and backed with a paper button that I cut with the Buttons #5 Sizzlit die and my Big Shot. I embossed the black background with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions folder for a little texture behind the image panel and then one final touch is the tag that is "stitched" on by stamping just a bit of the In Stitches SA wheel. The tag is just a Decorative Label punch tucked behind the main panel of CS.

OK folks! I hope you like this card as much as I do and I hope that my use of the images inspires you to make some really spooky cards of your own this Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment