Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grateful

Cool weather is on its way and I can't wait for all the sights and smells that come along with it. Today's card uses a stamp set that made me think of cool weather and Thanksgiving as soon as I saw it. I couldn't wait to order it!
I wanted to make a few basic note cards for the fall that used seasonal images. I have a stash of the basic florals and such but I love the rich colors and textures that fall brings. The set I used is called Always Thankful and it is brand new in the Holiday mini catalog. I love this set for lots of reasons. For one, it is so pretty! Harvest themed images are just gorgeous to me and this set includes 3 different ones plus 2 sentiments. I also love that this set is pre-shaded which makes it very easy to color. You don't have to think about shadows or shading because it is already done for you making it a very forgiving set for those that don't love their coloring skills. It lends itself to several coloring mediums including the Watercolor Wonder Crayons I used along with an Aqua Painter pen. I tend to neglect my crayons but every time I actually pull them out to use, I am amazed at the results I get. It is easy to look like a pro when you use these because they blend really well. They can be used sevral different ways too.

Another element I want to mention is the Jumbo Designer Button accent I used. These are new in the Mini too. They are giant, huh? They coordinate with the new Spice Cake DSP and come in an assortment of 4 delicious colors. Each button is 1 1/2" in diameter and you get 4 each of 4 colors which are shown on page 18 of the Holiday Mini. The one I used here is in More Mustard and the other colors are Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, and Pool Party. I can't wait to use one as the middle for a flower or a paper rosette.

This is really a pretty straight forward card so that does it for me today. I will be back with another Halloween card tomorrow that I can't wait to show you. Hurry back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment