Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crazy for Crumb Cake

Hey guys! I have 2 cards to show you today. maybe that will make up for the fact that I was so busy yesterday that I didn't make it here. They are similar but one is an all occasion card and the other is a Christmas card. Wanna see?
 And the Christmas one...
 Lately, I just can't seem to pick a neutral other than Crumb Cake. It just looks great with so many colors. I paired it here with some of the Specialty DSP called First Edition. They are a little different so I'll start with the butterflies first.

For this card, I used several different background stamps on scraps of 3 in colors before punching out 3 butterflies with the Butterfly Punch. I stamped in the same color ink as each scrap of paper for a little texture with out making them too busy to stand out against the background DSP. The colors and stamps are as follows:
     -Calypso Coral with Dot, Dot, Dot
     -Lucky Limeade with A to Z
     -Pool Party with Solid Stripes

The sentiment for this card is from the Friendly Phrases set. As I have mentioned before, I LOVE this set. It is really versatile and I can see myself using this set for years to come. I stamped it on Very Vanilla and then cut it out using the Lots of Tags Sizzlit die set and my Big Shot. This particular tag ( in the 4pc die set) has a neat perforation line so by cutting it in 2 colors you end up with a nice frame for your sentiment with just a little snip snip.Two Designer Buttons (Neutrals- Crumb Cake) tied with White Baker's Twine finish it off.

On to the Christmas card! This card was so easy it felt like cheating. I stamped the tree image ( from Polar Party which is brand new this year) first onto my card base of First Edition DSP and then again onto a scrap of Very Vanilla. I used my Paper Snips to trim just the main parts of the 3 trees that were stamped onto the Vanilla CS. We don't have to mess with the tinier parts because those are ready for us on the DSP copy. Adhere these onto your card, directly over the same trees on the card base. I colored them with markers before sticking them down but it can be done before or after. I used a nice dark Early Espresso marker to color the trunks so the newsprint is less prominent. Next, I topped the stars with a little bit of Smooch ink in Gold Lame. Smooch is opaque so it completely fills the stars in, making them really stand out.

The sentiment is from an oldie but goodie called Punch Pals. I think that these 2 stamp sets coordinate really well. They have similar styles so the wording and images are perfectly interchangeable. I accented the sentiment with a Modern Label punch in Lucky Limeade and 2 little Cherry Cobbler brads from the Regals family). Done!

I hope you like these cards. I wanted to show the versatility of the First Edition DSP. It can be fun all year round!

No comments:

Post a Comment