Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Day to You

Hi guys! I have a really cute card to show you today (IMO) and it uses one of my favorite new sets from the catalog. I'll show you first and tell you a little about it after you have seen the card.
I have to tell you my photo does not do the colors of this card justice. The lighting has been poor for photos as the season changes and it is very difficult to get a good shot. Crisp winter light will help soon but until then, just know this card features 2 of the gorgeous new in-colors...Wisteria Wonder and Calypso Coral along with a touch of Lucky Limeade. The set I used, Fruit and Flowers, includes 9 great images and the best part? It coordinates with the Designer Series Paper, Berry Blossoms.

For some of the squares, I colored the stamp with markers because I wanted detail and a multicolored image. On others, I just inked it up with a pad and let her rip. I also stamped some images on scrap paper and punched portions to adhere over the image as in the flowers with centers. Either way, I just love how these images can be used together or separately for a really cute look.

The sentiment on this card is from a new set called Friendly Phrases. This set is really versatile because it includes 6 somewhat generic phrases that can be used on cards throughout the year. I really enjoy the wording sets that use more than one font per image too. I find them playful and very positive when used on cards. The font of a message for a card is super important to me. It has to have the right "feel" or I just can't use it. For example, I could never use wording that is written in a formal script on a playful birthday card with bright colors and fun paper. I guess I am just crazy that way.

That does it for today. I am off to finish laundry and clean up the mess left by me being gone all day yesterday. I hope your weekend finishes on a great note and I want everyone to have a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment