Monday, August 29, 2011

Just Because

Do you ever have one of those times that you want to send a card to someone special but it isn't one of those traditional occasions that we typically do so? I like to keep a collection of general sentiments for card making that are both positive and fun. I also find these types of sentiments handy when I am making cards for my stash. If the wording is a bit more general, it is easier to pick just the perfect card out of the pile. Well, today's card uses one of these sentiments. I made it for my stash but I really can't wait to share it with someone.
The card itself was inspired by another card I saw in a magazine. I loved the sketch and the colors so it quickly made it's way into my inspiration file. Once again, I struggled with lighting when I photographed the card so all I can hope for is that you can imagine the Perfect Plum and Always Artichoke along with a little So Saffron in a much truer light.

The floral images are from 2 different sets. The main focal point flower is from the hostess set called Array of Sunshine. I stamped it 3 times and then hand trimmed the layers and popped them up on Stampin' Dimensionals. This sounds hard but it is really super simple because the layers of the flower are well defined. I accented the center of the flower with a few dabs of Gold Lame Smooch ink for a little sparkle too.

I wanted a floral DSP that combined the 3 colors I loved together but alas, there was no such animal. I had to make my own! So, that patterned panel in the middle of the card is made by stamping the images in the 3 colors randomly all over the paper. I wanted a slightly muted look too so I stamped each one off onto scrap first and then put it onto the project piece. These images are from both Array of Sunshine and another set called Best of Everything.

A few last details are the stamped border along the bottom Artichoke panel and the tag sentiment. The border was created with Very Vanilla Craft ink and one of the lines of "stitching" from the In Stitches Stampin' Around Jumbo Wheel. You can still buy craft ink pads from SU! but you just have to do it differently. We still carry all of the craft refills and empty craft stamp pads so you can make your own. Easy peasy! Both of these can be ordered from me or from my 24/7 website store. The tag was cut with my Big Shot and the Lots of Tags Sizzlit die set. I cut it twice from both Very Vanilla and Perfect Plum CS and then trimmed the Vanilla layer to fit exactly inside the perforation that is part of the die. Then, I stamped the wording which is from It's Your Day. This is a set which could easily be overlooked. It is wayyyy in the back of the catalog with the Simply Sent projects. It is inexpensive because it has just 2 images included. They are both simple and perfect for the types of cards I discussed above so check it out!

I hope you like today's card as much as I do. I had a lot of fun making it. So, go make a fun card for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment