Saturday, August 27, 2011

On a Scale of 1 to 10...

Hey guys! I hope your weekend is shaping up to be dandy. I have another new card to show you today. Take a look!
This card uses a new embossing technique that I just love. I don't really know what it is called but I will explain how I did it. First, I cut the numbers from various colors and patterns of card stock and DSP using the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies and my Big Shot machine. Then I placed them randomly all over a piece of Whisper White CS. Once they are attached with adhesive, run the whole piece through the Big Shot in an embossing folder of choice. Here I used the Square Lattice folder which gives fantastic texture to your card surface. As you can see, it gives an impression of applique. The numbers look like they each sit in their own pre-cut slot on the card front. After that part was done, I just added a punched strip (using the Pinking Hearts edge punch) of Lucky Limeade and a sentiment from the new hostess set called Perfect Words. This set is just too cute! You get 8 stamps for just $9 (clear version) which makes it a winner in my book. 

The color scheme for this card is a real fav of mine. I put 3 of the newest In Colors (Lucky Limeade, Pool party, and Island Indigo) together with So Saffron and crisp Whisper White. I love how the rich, dark Island Indigo card base seems to anchor all the colors and images together as one cohesive card front. I will be using this combo again for sure.

Well, guys, I'm off for a busy day as chauffeur. My daughter has a day of training at the local cheer academy to get ready for the winter basketball season. Who has to drive 7 of the girls to and fro? That would be me! I think I will bring some stamp work with me and beat the boredom. Y'all have a fantastic day and check back soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment