Friday, August 26, 2011

It's Been Way Too Long!

Hi guys! I'm back again. With all that has been going on with the kids being home for summer and then getting them ready to get started again, something had to give or I would have had to start pulling all nighters. Sleep won! I am happy to say that I have tons of new toys to play with and show you though. Since the new catalog debuted, I have been ordering a little here and there so that now, I have LOTS of great new goodies. It is simply ridiculous just how much there is in the new catalog that I simply can't and won't live without. So, without further ado, how about a card or 2?

Since the Summer Mini only has a few days left, I will go ahead and post the cards using those materials that I had made for my open house that didn't take place. I would hate to show them to you later and then no one would be able to order supplies to make them if desired.  Here goes...
 This one really makes a splash, huh? Tee hee hee. I used the Summer Mini set called Summer Splash and one of the delicious new In Colors called Island Indigo. Also included are 2 of the new Designer Printed Brads. They are perfect for a pop of color here and there on your project. That yellow strip behind the main panel is a piece of So Saffron CS that I embossed with the new Stripes Textured Impressions embossing folder. Too fun!
 Next up is a little floral number that was so easy to make. I got the idea for the torn corner accent from a card in the big catalog and couldn't wait to use the idea somehow. I think it gives a nice amount of texture when paired together with the delicate floral images of Love & Care which is a hostess set in the summer mini. Remember, there are no longer levels in the hostess rewards merchandise. This set has a dollar amount assigned to it just as the sets in the front of the big catalog do.

This last one for today is almost an exact CASE from a very talented blogger named Vicki Burdick of the "It's a Stamp Thing" blog. I love her work and the day she posted this delightful card, I knew I was going to make it without changing very much at all. I LOVE how it all came together. The good news about this card is that the only thing on it that will be gone when the Summer Mini ends is the sentiment which comes from the Happy Greetings stamp set. The flower is from the Array of Sunshine hostess set (in the main catalog) and that gorgeous paper is also a hostess rewards offering. It is part of the Cheerful Treat DSP.  I especially loved her idea of embossing the Little Leaves die cut for added texture. I stamped the flowers several times and then popped the layers up on Dimensionals.

Well, that does it for me. I hope you enjoy seeing these cards after such a long wait. Please check back often because while I may have been quiet here, I promise, i have been working on quite a few things that I can't wait to show you. It isn't too late to place one last Summer Mini order so if there are materials used here or just something  you have been waiting to order, please contact me and I will get you taken care of very quickly. We have until the 31st to order from the Mini and then it will be time for the Holiday Mini. Time flies when you're having fun!


1 comment:

  1. Great cards. Glad to see you posting again. I have missed you-even online!

    ReplyDelete