Thursday, April 9, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

Well, since I made a card for my son, I started thinking about what my daughter might like. She is 10, almost 11, and wayyyyy into bright colors. My Spring Sprouts set from My Favorite Things came yesterday and as I was playing with it, I realized it was a perfect set to make my darling girl a card just like her brother's earlier in the week. I get so busy working on my stuff and making items to sell in my Etsy shop, I sometimes forget that the most important people in my life, my family, don't often get to reap the benefits of mom sitting at her desk until all hours. So, being home with them all week, has made me remember that they need a little handmade love too. These cards will probably go in lunch boxes next week when they go back to school. On with my card though! I used another "old" paper. I decided it was perfect for a child's card using bright colors. I stamped my image on watercolor paper and then colored it in with Prismacolor pencils (watercolor) and my aqua pen. It has been a long time since I used anything but my Copics to color. I forgot how fun pencils and water are! Here is my card...

I will have to pop back in to list my supplies. I am out of time again this morning. We are off for some fun with the kids and hubby is off work for the rest of the week to be with us. Be back soon! Leave comments if you have questions and I'll answer when I do my supply list. Thanks for stopping by!

Updated with Supply List:

Papers- DCWV red & blue CS; Over the Moon Press (EK) DP. Stamps- MFT Spring Sprouts. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- corner rounder; Nestabilities deckle rectangles; aqua painter. Embellishments- 1/4in green satin ribbon. Coloring medium- Prismacolor Watercolor pencils.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The watercolor paper really goes well with the bright, child's theme. That background paper looks familiar.... Could it be a leftover from a certain award winning creation of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you remembered that???? I even forgot where that paper came from! For those that are clueless as to what we mean...my crayon plaid was left over from the school scrapbook that I made for my kids' school a few years ago. And was thrilled to win first place in the county competition. ;)

    ReplyDelete