Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's A Cupcake Kind of Day

I have tried to space out my cupcake projects but that is really hard considering how many ADORABLE cupcake products there are out there. The stamp for today's card was only $1! You can't beat cupcake bargains like that. A buck is cheaper than a real cupcake these days! So, let me show you the card and then I will tell you about it.

I decided to try the Timeless Tuesday sketch for this week and went from there. I saw my relatively new cupcake stamp sitting on my desk...unloved/uninked...and chose that for my image so then DCWV's Sweet 8x8 paper pad came to mind. It is full of cupcakes, sweets, and gorgeous color combos. You must check it out if you haven't already. I like the 8x8 and mat size pads because the scale is smaller for the prints (better for cardmaking) and I don't feel obligated to use up a huge sheet of paper making multiple copies of a card I may not need too many of in the future. This printed paper, since I used it to wallpaper most of my card front, yielded 2 cards. Blue and brown is not typically my "go-to" color combination but I like it here. The DP is a soft blue shimmer so I chose slighter darker blue ink and gems.

It was funny when I saw the sketch for this week because I made a card months ago, before I was blogging I think, that fit the sketch perfectly with the exception that the center panel was a square and my sentiment was an oval. I apologize if I have shown you this one beofre. I am in a hurry this morning or I would research my archives a little more thoroughly. It just goes to show that there truly is nothing new under the sun. So many times, I have felt like I just came up with an exceptionally creative (:-D) idea only to find it used in a magazine within a week. Go figure. Here is my older card...


OK. I'm off for anopther busy day. My supplies are below. I hope your day is fantastic and springy and sunny and fun and...:)

1st card: Papers- DCWV Sweet 8x8 paper pad; DCWV and Paper Studio CS. Stamps- studio g cupcake; hero arts sunny bday. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz antique linen distress. Tools- Paper Studio 2 5/16in circle punch; Marvy Clever Lever pink 2.5in circle punch. Embellishments- ribbon by AMM Herbanella; MAMBI icons rhinestone singles asst #2. Pens- Copic B91, E57; Staedtler maxum; Sakura clear jelly roll. 2nd card: Papers- DCWV CS. Stamps- SU Pun Fun. Inks- Brilliance Graphite. Tools- coluzzle oval templates; SU ticket corner punch. Embellishments- American Crafts ribbon; MM button brads. Pens- zig rose; root beer float. Font- Andrew Script.

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet cupcake card Kyla! I can see when I look up close that the paper has some sparkle and it looks like you used some sparkle on the cupcake too. Great layout for showing off your cupcake! Thanks for the peek at your older card I love the sentiment on that one). See, you can come up with these things on your own sometimes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are adorable! LOVE the colors and the texture on the pink card gives it that extra little umph!

    ReplyDelete