Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Introducing Mr. & Mrs....

When I found the stamps that are used in today's card, I knew I HAD to have them for my collection even though I am long since married and so are my friends. They are both made by Stampendous and I love them. Both have that flowy softness that goes hand in hand with anything bridal. Whatdaya think?

I paired these great little stamps with some Doodlebug bridal paper(that I had been hoarding for way too long) and voila! I love the end result! I can't wait to send it to someone special. I chose red as an accent color because I loved the crispness and contrast with the black and white but any color would work here. I figure when I list my extras in my Etsy shop, I will offer custom color combos to match the wedding.

I am also quite happy with the oval/circle embellishment under my sentiment. I have never tried it even though I have seen similar things done this way. Methinks this isn't the last time you will see this here. ;) I love that it gives you a nice place for brads or eyelets to attach the panel without looking cramped around the stamped image.
The bride and groom were really fun to color. Even though the image is a loose line drawing, the areas were very forgiving under my markers. I am just thrilled with this stamp! I got it at my local Hobby Lobby. (Stamps are on sale this week!) I found the "Mr & Mrs" which is by the same manufacturer, at my Archiver's. I'm off to work so I will finish up for now. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


Papers- Doodlebug white and black paisleys DP; DCWV black CS; Bazzill red CS. Stamps- Stampendous Happy Couple and Mr & Mrs. Inks- Graphite Brilliance. Tools- EK ( 1 3/8, 1 1/2) circle punches; Marvy Clever Lever blue oval punch. Embellishments- red ribbon by Offray; Scrap Essentials 1/8in pewter brads; paper studio gemstones (2mm & 3mm clear). Pens- Copic (C7, R29, C1); Zig (peach bliss, root beer float); Sakura Jelly Roll (clear, silver).

3 comments:

  1. What a great wedding card Kyla! You can hardly go wrong with black and red for elegant in my book. That is a very cute stamp and I also like the look of the cicle inside of the oval. I buy lots of my stamps at Hobby Lobby when they have their 50% off sales. They have a lot of the Mouse House stamps that I love as well as a variety of different companies. They are even branching out into the clear stamps. I wish they would have more nestabilities though because with their 40% off coupon it's the best deal in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ADORABLE! I love the look of the drawing-- so simple and cute. And you're right about the oval/circle-- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wedding card! I especially like the contrast between the white background and black doodles and the black background with the white doodles.

    ReplyDelete