Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Little Love for Mom

Mother's Day will be here before you know it so I decided today was a perfect day to show you a new Mother's Day card I made. My stamp choice was made for me when I went to my mailbox yesterday and my Verve order had arrived. Yay! After seeing all the gorgeous cards made with their new spring release sets, I had to have them for myself so I ordered Miracles Blossom and Floral Symphony. I am sure you will be seeing me use both A LOT in the near future.

It was hard to pick which image to use but I finally narrowed it down to a couple from Miracles Blossom. I paired them with some of my favorite SU colors for a cute little 4.25inch square card. This size is so much fun and they use a lot less paper. So, here it is...


It is a relatively simple card. I felt like the image was lovely enough to speak for itself. I left my images uncolored since I stamped them in color but I learned last night, while playing with my new stuff, that these images are great for coloring too. I stamped a whole page of different stem and blossom combos and colored them with all different markers. What the heck, Grey's Anatomy was a repeat!

The sentiment is from Stampendous. I embossed it because the plain white ink wasn't prominent enough. The pearls were white but I colored them with a Copic marker to make them coordinate a little better. I felt like it needed some pink at the top anyway. I'll give you my complete supply list at the bottom. I would love to see what everyone else is working on for Mother's Day. Leave a comment on this post with a link to any work you are doing for dear ole Mom. I want to see it!

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!


Papers- SU Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette CS; SU Regal Rose Pattern Pack II DSP; Gina K Pure Luxury. Stamps- Verve Miracles Blossom; Stampendous Mother's Day; Sandylion Clear Borders. Inks- SU Regal Rose & Wild Wasabi; Color Box Frost White. Tools- corner rounder. Embellishments- Mark Richards self adhesive pearls # 1951; Craft Essentials white embossing powder. Pens- Copic RV11.

1 comment:

  1. Love those flowers and the swirly leaves! The pink just pops this card. Mom's going to love it! I've done my Mother's Day cards already and I've even done an extra one. I posted one about a week ago (with butterflies)and tonight I'll post another. The 3rd one I will post next week as I designed it for a challenge that comes out next Tuesday and want to keep it hidden until then. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete