Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Toys!

Hello! I have tons of new stuff to show you. I got several new things to play with and I used a few on today's card. For the rest, I will try to use them soon so I can show them to you. New stamps, new papers, and even some tools and ink thrown in for good measure. Today's card uses a stamp set that is available as of today from Stampin Up. It is Wagon Full of Fun and it is available in the Occasions Mini catalog from April 1st until June 30th so don't miss out. Contact your SU demonstrator to order. If you don't have a demonstrator of your own, I would be glad to tell you how to find one.

So, about the card... I used some paper that would not typically be among my stash. I saw it in my LSS last week and decided it was fresh and funky and I
needed it. I didn't like the coordinates in the collection so I brought it home as an orphan. Since I had such a good time trying new combos last week, I looked through my paper drawers for something that I would not normally put with my new find and Voy-Ola (:D), I found a match! Let me show the end result before I go any further.
The edges of my sentiment and stamped image are inked with distress ink after chalking the whole surface with ivory blending chalk (to make it match the printed paper background better.) I printed the message on my computer although the stamp set has some really cute sentiments included. I colored the flower with my Copics and one SU marker. I used my new Nestabilities Labels #1 template to cut the image panel and border.

I'll include my supplies below and this card will be listed in my Etsy shop for purchase very soon. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!

Papers- Carolee's Creations Adorn It/Nancy Jane Love Blooms DSP; Black & white mini dot by Provo Craft. Stamps- SU Wagon Full of Fun. Inks- Brilliance Graphite; Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick distress ink. Tools- Nestie Labels #1 die; corner rounder. Embellishments- Plaid ANM pastel blending chalk; American Crafts ribbon; Paper Studio 2mm clear gemstones; misc buttons. Pens- Copic (B000, B01, B12, YG13, YG17, R35, R37, R39, E09) SU- Really Rust. Font- Leftovers 18pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment