Monday, April 11, 2011

Paisley Petals Thinking of You Card

Hey folks! This may be some sort of a record for me lately...being here 3 days in a row! It is amazing how busy a springtime can be now that we have kids with lives of their own. They go back to school today after a very busy spring break and I am pooped. That week is always a taste of what summer will be in just a short time when school is over for another year. Oh my gosh! There is just never enough time to finish everything! But today, I have another card...finished, I am happy to say. Wanna see?
And a detail shot from the side...
This little number uses another gorgeous print from the new DSP called, Paisley Petals. This paper will be featured in the upcoming 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog in July. We get just a little taste of the goodies yet to come. If you spend just $20 on SU product this month, you earn the privilege of buying both this series of patterned paper or the new stamp set called Four Frames which coordinates with the Decorative Label Punch. For more info about this exciting offer, click on the Spring is Blossoming button to the left of my blog. After April 30th, you will have to wait until the new catalog to purchase these 2 items. The price of all DSP paper packs will go up then too so buy this one now to save a little money!

Now, back to my card for today. Both print papers are part of the assortment. That center strip of delicious green was stamped with a row of faux stitching ( using the In Stitches wheel featured in the Occasions Mini Catalog) and then trimmed with a strip of Always Artichoke that I punched with the Pinking Hearts border punch. My sentiment comes from the Level 1 Hostess set called Silhouette Sentiments. I punched it with the Small Oval punch and then trimmed with a little Early Espresso CS. That gorgeous flower was die cut with my Big Shot and the (SU exclusive) Sizzix Blossom Party die . Before cutting, I did a little something to my card stock. I took a scrap of Whisper White and crumbled it up tightly. Then, I smoothed the paper and lightly misted it with water before crumpling again. You smooth it out one more time and then run it through the Big Shot for a yummy distressed look that can be enhanced with ink for even more texture. A large button and a bit of Linen Thread finish off the center of the flower.

The larger print papers in this assortment work better for cards than I think they do typically. Sometimes, I feel that the larger prints are better suited to scrapbook pages and home decor projects but I have been able to use several of these new ones in ways that are new to me. So, if you avoid larger prints as a card maker, don't fret because these are fun too!

I think that'll do it for today. I have a great new thank you note up tomorrow. It is a little "old school" because I used, gasp, papers and materials from the current Occasions Mini catalog. Bet you thought I was done with those goodies! Well, I tried something new with one of the embellishments and I can't wait to show you so check back. Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I don't generally tend to like monochromatic cards, but this one is great! Really like the bold background paper and that flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete