Sunday, April 10, 2011

Best Dad Ever!

Hello everyone! Back today with more Summer Mini catalog previews. Today's card uses a new set that is perfect for those hard to make masculine cards that we all struggle to create. Take a look...
This new set is called Best Dad Ever. I paired the images with a few prints from the Elegant Soiree DSP which can be found in the regular catalog until June 30th. I have never looked at that paper as necessarily masculine but the prints without florals actually work very well. This series of paper coordinates with Basic Gray, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla so I used those colors on my stamps too. I used markers to ink up the stamps which is much easier when using several colors at once.

Obviously, my favorite embellishment choices of ribbon, bows, flowers, etc don't work on cards for men so 2 simple buttons finish the card. After I finished, I realized that I could have used a little of the new Baker's Twine or even an Antique Brad to jazz it up too. Maybe next time, I guess!

The new Summer Mini catalog has several new stamps and accessories that will work really well for masculine cards. I can't wait to play with a few and make up some new cards for my stash that can be given to the guys in my life. These types of cards always stump me!

Have a great rest of the weekend! Pop back in tomorrow because I have a new card that features the delicious new Paisley Petals DSP. Buh-bye!

1 comment: