Monday, April 25, 2011

Blossoming Thank You Note

Hi guys! I hope your Easter was absolutely wonderful. It sure was a hot one here. Just a few minutes outside and I was ready to melt. So, how about a card? I have another little ditty using the new Paisley Petals DSP and the coordinating Four Frames stamp set. These are both part of the soon to be over Spring is Blossoming promo. Until April 30th, spend $20 and you can order both of these great items that will be part of the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog. After the 30th, they go back in the big SU closet to wait until the new catalog premieres in July. All DSP packs will go up in price this summer so now is your chance to order the paper at a lower rate.Don't miss out! Ummm...didn't I mention a card? Here ya go...
Do you need a detail shot too?
This card is heavily inspired by an idea I saw on the SU demonstrator website. I adapted it to use materials and tools I had on hand and voila! Another thank you note for my always dwindling stash. All materials used are current SU product except for the cute little flowers on the pennants. Those are punched with the retired punch called Spring Blossoms. However, when that one retired, they introduced a very similar punch called Boho Blossoms which can easily be used here instead.

The printed papers are from the Paisley Petals DSP and the sentiment is from the Level 1 Hostess set, Because I Care. The pennants are stamped with Marina Mist ink and the Four Frames stamp set. They are made by stamping one of the frame images from Four Frames and then folding them in half. Once folded, place a length of Linen Thread in the crease and stick the 2 sides together with adhesive so the tag hangs, as if on a clothesline. The Linen Thread is secured with 2 Antique Brads.

That about does it for today. I have another Paisley Petals card for tomorrow and I hope you like it as much as I do. Since the Spring is Blossoming promo is almost over, I have to hurry and show you all the cards I made with these gorgeous materials. See you tomorrow!

1 comment: