Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Hello folks! I just wanted to pop in really quick and wish everyone a very happy Easter. I have a card for you and since it has been a whole week since I checked in here, I wanted to share it today and not wait any longer. It isn't an Easter themed card but I like it a lot anyway. Take a look...
And a detail shot...
This is one of those cards that looks a lot more complicated than it really is to make. I used an image from the new set called On the Grow from the Summer Mini Catalog which goes live next Sunday, on May 1st. It includes 2 images and 2 sentiments. The sentiment on this card is also part of the set.

The hydrangea image is colored with Blender Pens and ink pads. After the image was completely dry, I highlighted parts with my markers to give a little more definition. This image is very easy to color because the shadowing and highlights are drawn into the artwork itself. Easy peasy!

I accented the darling vase image with a rich, patterned DSP from the Paisley Petals DSP collection. Time is running out to get this gorgeous paper pack as a catalog pre-order. The Spring is Blossoming promo runs until April 30th and it gives you the opportunity to buy items from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog 3 months early. For more info, click on the Spring is Blossoming promo button to the left of my blog.

Since it is a holiday, I am cutting it short to get back to my family. Have a wonderful holiday and eat some Peeps for me! Happy Easter!

I distressed the edges of the papers and tore a few pieces out to expose more DSP underneath. The word print is part of the First Edition DSP which is in the Occasions Mini catalog, which ends on April 30th. A little Linen Thread, Striped 1 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, and a couple Designer Buttons finish the card.

1 comment:

  1. Again, love the waythe wide ribbon looks on a card

    ReplyDelete