Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ooooooooh....More New Stuff for Spring!

Hi guys! I have some really cute stuff to show you over the next week. I ordered a few new items from the upcoming Summer Mini catalog to preview for you and they arrived. I whipped up a few new cards with the delicious new goodies and wow! These things are fun to play with and I hope you feel the same when you see the samples I have made. I chose a simple but fun card to show first simply because I LOVE the color combo and the image makes me feel happy. (I need a little happy after being at home with 2 bored preteens for spring break as we waited around for furniture deliveries and AC repairmen all week. Oy Vey!)

Take a look!
And a detail shot...
I know I have said this before but this little catalog may just be my favorite ever! Today's card uses the super cute new set called Sunny Fun. It is a surprisingly versatile set featuring 5 images that bring us the best parts of summer. I chose to color this image with markers but they would be just as cute as border images done in only one color or just highlighted with 1 or 2 colors for a little zing. So, if detail coloring work is not your thing, don't fret! Stay tuned for another sample using another image from this set. Lots of fun!

I want to mention a few components of this card too. The button is tied on with another new product debuting from SU this season. Baker's twine! If you surf blogland at all, you have seen this great new product out there lately. Cool colors and a thin, flexible texture make it great for cards and paper crafting projects. It adds very little weight or bulk to cards so it is a great way to attach tags, buttons, etc or as a substitute for ribbon. SU is offering it in Cherry Cobbler/White, Early Espresso/White, and plain Whisper White which can be colored and dyed to match any ink. I really like it and can't wait to order some plain white and experiment with dying.

Another point I want to bring up is the green DSP used on the left side of my card. It may not be new to you but it was new to me as I flipped through the Level 1 Hostess goodie, In Color DSP pack. Every time I flip through this pad of paper, I see a print I have never noticed. They are all different from the regular Patterns DSP pads. Consider this little treat the next time you earn a hostess gift. Or better yet, host your own workshop for friends and family and get it free right now. It is so versatile!

I think that does it for today. I will be back tomorrow with another card using some new Summer Catty goodies. I also have another card using the gorgeous new Paisley Petals DSP along with the preview set called Four Frames to show soon. These are both part of the Spring is Blossoming promo going on until April 31st. Spend $20 on SU product and earn the privilege of buying these new products which will be part of the 2011-2012 Idea Book and catalog in July. The price of paper packs will go up in the new catalog so getting this paper now will be a savings...which can in turn be used on more goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Another one to love. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Almost makes me wish it was summer (until I think of the south's humidity LOL). But a very cute card!

    ReplyDelete