Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Little Something Different for a Change

Hi guys! I have something a little different to show you today. I have been playing with a few new projects and they aren't cards. I still love cards, of course, but I wanted to play with something else for a change. I used to make more tags and such for my Etsy shop than I made cards but since blogging, I have focused mainly on stamped greeting cards. So, you wanna see?

Here ya go!
And here are a few close-ups...

I used my Cricut, supplemented with a few punches, to cut most of the components of the tags. I was striving for a very stylized, simple but cute look and I think I found it. I forgot how much fun my Cricut cartridges are too! I just don't use it as much as I could when I am not scrapbooking or making tags. Other than the cost of consumables (blades & pads), I can't think of a downside to this machine. The cartridges are pricey but you get a lot of bang for your buck with all those images per cartridge.

I'm off for now but please stop by again tomorrow. I have another non-card project to show you and the day after that, a new fall card that I really love. I was very happy with my results. I used a Lockhart stamp and it is to die for! Your fingers will itch to color it just like mine did when I saw it in the store. Have a great day!

Papers- misc card stocks (textured are all Bazill). Inks- Tim Holtz tea dye distress sponged on acorn. Tools- Cricut Doodlecharms and All Mixed Up cartridges; Paper Shapers mini spiral punch; EK 1/2in & 1in circle punch; Cropadile; Sizzix Playground Sizzlits alphabet. Embellishments- misc colors of Making Memories 1/8in eyelets; misc 1/4in organdy ribbon. Font- (happy fall y'all tag) 18pt CAC One Seventy.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE these! They are cute and yet sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete