Sunday, October 11, 2009

Day One of Getting Caught Up

Hi guys! I have something to show you today but it isn't a card. I have decided that my back log of family scrap book pages really shouldn't get any larger so I have set a personal goal of doing 3 pages a week in addition to my card projects. I worked on one last night and it felt good to tackle "the pile." I promise I will still have lots of new cards but there will probably be a page or 2 thrown in for good measure for a while. Don't we all have a few memories that have been waiting to be put on paper since we started this compulsive card making? LOL!

Before I show you the picture of my layout, I must ask that you ignore the date on the page. I cut my numbers for the date box, glued them down, snapped my pictures, and promptly noticed that I am soooo used to writing 2009 on everything that I totally ignored the fact that these photos took place in 2006! It has since been fixed. ;)








It has been so long since I finished a page. It felt good to actually scrap versus making a card. Using family photos and making a single creation is very different from making something that will ultimately be for others. I realized how I have been letting so much of my stuff sit because I don't use it for card making. It felt good and I think I may have just started a roll!

So, ya wanna know what I used? I'll start with my page arrangement. I used 2 of my colorblocking layout templates made by De-Luxe Designs. I love those things! You get a nice looking page no matter which one you use and they make scrapping so easy. I have several and they have been gathering dust along with a few Sizzix alphabet dies. This page used Baby Says Yeah. I don't use a lot of cut lettering on cards since so many stamps are accompanied by cute sentiments. My papers are a little older...from the Deja Views Flurries & Frost collection. When I print or develop photos, I assemble kits for myself. I try to choose papers and embellishments for the photos right then. Next, I jot down some journaling and put it all in a large ziploc. Needless to say, since I told you the real date for these photos, this kit has been sitting a while.

I think that's it for now. I'll be back soon with a new card. I have some stamps that have been sitting around unloved and never inked. I figure it's about time I made something with them! Have a great day and enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Papers- Deja Views Flurries & Frost Collection (Frost Tonal, Snowflake Stripe, Frosty Notes, Fresh Pine) ; Paper Co Burgundy CS. Tools- Martha Stewart snowflake punches; Sizzix Baby Says Yeah Alpha; Deluxe Designs Color Blocking Templates #19-B & 12-B. Embellishments- MM glitter glaze; Hero Arts chipboard snowflake; Michael's 5/8in lt blue dotted grosgrain ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment