A few days ago I mentioned that I am trying to get caught up on my family scrap books. Well, I have another page to show you in addition to today's card so I guess my efforts are a success. For today's card, it was supposed to be for Mercy Kerin's Tuesday Sketch Challenge but it was raining heavily on Monday so I could not go outside and take my pictures like I planned and I didn't get it uploaded in time. It is a really cute sketch though. Take a look at my card and my page...
The card uses the new Stampendous set called Costume Kids which is an exclusive for Archiver's stores. I saw it used on a card in the store but they were sold out. I was so disappointed! They had gotten more in though and I nabbed a set for myself. As with all Stampendous sets, this one is easy to color and gives you nice, crisp lined images. As I mentioned before, my sketch is courtesy of Mercy Kerin (MTSC42).
And now for my page...
For my layout, I took a few ideas from my Pages by Design manual. I love that page system! For someone that used to scrap hundreds of pages a year ( and still has 10x that many left to do), I found a little inspiration injected in my work helped me get moving when my mojo was no where to be found. If you are unfamiliar with the system, It was made by Deluxe Designs and includes a full color manual with tons of sketches and actual layouts for ideas as well as a template system that coordinates with the manual. I was lucky enough to order when you got a free manual to give away to a friend so if you are interested in a manual for yourself, please email me. I have an extra copy that I am going to list on Ebay soon. Here are a few close-up shots:
That last photo is a close up of one of the page embellishments I made. I wanted to draw attention to it because I tried something new and I like how it turned out. I traced an old pot holder die cut as a pattern onto a scrap of my matching CS. The original had a quilted pattern printed on it that I liked and I wanted to mimic that look. I scored lines in the paper about every 1/2 inch, in both directions. After that, I turned the paper over and with an embossing stylus, "colored in" a square that was just inside the borders of the embossed squares made by the score lines. Then, I turned the paper over again and drew a little faux stitching with my white pen. Voy-Ola! I have a quilted pot holder die cut!
I guess that is enough info for one day. I will leave you with my supply list for both projects and a fond wish of Good Nite!
(card) Papers- Neenah Classic Crest Natural White 80lb; Imaginisce Hallowhimsy (Wicked Whimsy); misc CS. Stamps- Stampendous Costume Kids. Inks- Memento Tuxedo Black. Tools- Coluzzle Ovals; Marvy circ punches. Embellishments- DMC #6139 emb cotton; Walmart ribbon (5/8in black w/ orange polka dots grosgrain; mini naturals buttons by Favorite Findings. Pens- Copic (V09, YR23, W00, W1, W3, W5, WW7, Y26, Y28, RV11, C7, E00, 110); SU (Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Old Olive); Derwent Watercolor pencil in Chinese White. Sketch- MTSC42.
(page)Papers- DP=Around the Block- Recipes; Misc CS by Colorbok, DCWV. Tools- Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge; SU word window punch; EK dotted wave edge punch; embossing stylus; Marvy circle punch; Pages by Design manual- Deluxe Designs; Sizzix Payground alpha dies. Embellishments- Favorite Findings buttons (potholder). Pens- Sakura white jelly roll pen. Font- CAC One Seventy 14pt (journaling).